Thursday, December 7, 2006

Tennessee Christmas Candy Cane


This is a candy cane pattern that was posted on e-tatters as an early Chistmas gift to the members of that group. The pattern is the work of Julie Patterson and obviously she does good work. Her pattern calls for Red and White thread, but our bookkeeper at work is a Tennessee FAN-atic so that is why I used the Big Orange and White (Merry Christmas KM). I also think that it would be great in veriagated red to white or green to white or a mix of both.

This piece is a total of 628 stitches and took about 1 hour to complete. The hour included finding the BIG Orange thread and winding 2 shuttles. There is some weaving involved in making this piece which also took a couple of minutes to discover. All in all, a fun project.

5 comments:

Tattycat said...

Hi Paul. I like this candy cane very much. I'd like to try it. Looks like fun! Your tatting is very nice.
Laura

Tattycat said...

Paul,
I don't have this pattern and I can't tell from the picture how you made it curve. It doesn't look like the rings are smaller. I would really like to make this if you don't mind helping.
Thanks,
Laura

Tatting Stuff said...

Laura,

http://www.etatters.com/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=6823157a28a305fd2f47abcf9cce0266

The pattern was posted at etatters.com. It is really simple to make the curve and it really makes sense once you see the pattern.

http://www.etatters.com/showthread.php?t=2857

This link is to the pattern but I don't know if you have to sign up to access it. There are alot of other patterns and information at this site. It is a fun and informative group.

Thanks for the comments and the compliments.

Paul

Tattycat said...

Paul,
Thanks. I found the pattern last night and have finished it. It's not as neat as yours, but looks good enough for a first. I put it on my blog this morning. http://laurasmuse.blogspot.com

Tattycat said...

Hi Paul,
I added a link to your blog on my blog. I hope that's okay with you. If not, let me know and I will take it off. Also, we need to exchange email addys so we can communicate more easily.
Laura